- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. whole almonds
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Line baking sheet with foil. Grease foil with butter; set aside.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat; add almonds and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Use a small pastry brush dipped in cold water to wash down sugar that sticks to side of pan.
- Boil without stirring for about 10 minutes or until candy thermometer reads 310 degrees (hard crack stage). Mixture will be a golden color.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond mixture and baking soda.
- Immediately pour mixture onto baking sheet, spreading quickly into an even layer. Allow to stand 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Break into pieces.
NotesFound while browsing my Mom's cook books.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More