- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Almond Butter Pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Archway Oatmeal Cups
- 10 Archway Classic Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- 8 oz melted milk chocolate
- Chopped roasted almonds and or chocolate shavings for garnishing (optional)
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, combine the 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually stir in the milk.
- Cook over med heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils (this will take a while. Do not be tempted to turn up the heat, which could cause your pudding to be lumpy).
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in almond butter and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Remove from heat. Cover the surface of your pudding with plastic wrap and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375' F
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies until you have fine crumbs. In a small bowl, combine crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and the melted butter.
- Line 12 muffin tins with the cupcake liners. Evenly divide the crumb mixture between the lined muffin tins. Press the crumbs against the bottom and edges of the tins.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Once the muffin crusts are cooled, melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Pour and / or spread the chocolate in each muffin, lining the crumb crusts with the chocolate. Return crusts to the fridge. You can remove them from the tins if necessary, just be careful not to "break" them.
- Once the pudding is cool and the crusts are coated with chocolate and cool, remove crusts from the tin. Carefully peel off the paper liners.
- Fill each crust with Almond Butter Pudding.
- Garnish with chipped roasted almonds and chocolate shavings, if desired
NotesThis is a recipe I came up with for the Archway Cookie Sweet Summer Treats Contest. Using Archway Classic Oatmeal Cookies makes a wonderful base for a cookie crust. I lined the inside of the crust with chocolate to prevent the crust from getting soggy with the Almond Butter pudding that I filled them with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More