- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted and crumbled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8"-diameter cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt to combine.
- Set aside.
- In an electric mixer or food processor, combine sugar, eggs, orange zest and lemon zest and beat until combined; mixture should be slightly pale and fluffier, with evenly distributed zest.
- Add milk and mix to combine.
- While mixer is running, slowly drizzle in olive-oil until completely combined.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, add almonds, and mix one last time until just combined.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for fifteen minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and transfer to platter.
NotesI picked this one up from Giada di Laurentiis; the flavors work so well together in savory Mediterranean dishes, and they translate incredibly well to a cake. The olive oil gives it a nice luscious mouth feel. AND... it comes together quickly.
Get Fit With Good Food!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Ramen Noodle Sandwich Fit For a Hungry Person
Pancit Bihon (Stir Fried Rice Noodles)See More