- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Bags Hearts of Romaine Lettuce (or whatever lettuce you like to use)
- 1 package shaved almonds
- Brown Sugar
- Feta Cheese
- Diced Roma Tomatoes (4-5 is usually enough)
- 1 packet Italian Seasoning
- 1 bottle Balsalmic Vinegrette Salad Dressing
- -Spread almonds in a glass baking dish and place in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes to brown.
- -Remove from oven and drizzle with molases.
- -Coat top with brown sugar.
- -Put back in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- -Remove and stir around coating almonds. (I usually add a little more Brown Sugar at this point, but you dont have to.)
- -Place back in oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- -Remove and tranfer almond mixture to wax or parchment paper to dry.
- -You want them to dry in SMALL clusters like crutons.
- -Place salad mix in bowl
- -Empty packet of italian seasoning into bottle of balsalmic vinegrette.
- -Add diced tomatoes to salad
- -Add Feta Cheese to salad
- -Add Almond Crutons
- -Drizzle dressing over entire salad just before serving and toss to evenly coat.
NotesThis salad was brought to a POT LUCK at work. One of my co-workers made it and I fell in love with it. It is a little intricate to make, however it is REALLY worth it. :o) Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More