- Cooking Time: 15 minutes + chilling
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryOnce you start eating this taste-tempting Passover treat, you may not be able to stop! Matzo crackers are topped with buttery caramel, baked to perfection, then topped with chocolate and slivered almonds!
- 4 to 6 unsalted saltine matzo crackers
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; line the foil with parchment paper. Arrange crackers in pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spread evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in almonds; spread over top. Cool for 1 hour.
- Break into pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Store in an airtight container.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More