- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups + 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (16oz) box icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread 3 Tbsp. softened butter over bottom & sides of tube pan.
- Sprinkle sides of pan with slivered almonds; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla, almond extract & salt.
- Gradually beat in flour until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan & bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan & let cool completely on wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More