- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups + 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (16oz) box icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread 3 Tbsp. softened butter over bottom & sides of tube pan.
- Sprinkle sides of pan with slivered almonds; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla, almond extract & salt.
- Gradually beat in flour until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan & bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan & let cool completely on wire rack.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Italian Exchange
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More