- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups + 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (16oz) box icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread 3 Tbsp. softened butter over bottom & sides of tube pan.
- Sprinkle sides of pan with slivered almonds; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla, almond extract & salt.
- Gradually beat in flour until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan & bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan & let cool completely on wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Food Travels Through Italy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More