Almond Crusted French Toast
1/8 c. flax seed meal
1 tbp. sliced almonds
2 egg whites
1/3 c. Unsweetened Almond Almond Breeze
1 tsp. sugar free maple syrup
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
1/2 tsp. sifted powdered sugar
1. In a shallow dish, combine the flax seed meal and the almonds.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour this mixture into another shallow "dipping" bowl.
3. Place a slice of bread into the milk mixture.
4. Meanwhile, place a stove over high heat on the stove.
5. Turn the bread over in the milk so that both sides are coated. Let the bread absorb the milk.
6. Place ONE SIDE of the dipped bread into the almond mixture. (Only dip one side).
7. Place another slice of bread into the milk mixture.
8. Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
9. Place the almond-coated bread on the skillet, almond side down.
10. As the bread is cooking, slip the bread in the milk mixture over so each side is coated.
11. Flip the bread in the skillet and cook until each side is golden brown.
12. Move the bread from the milk mixture into the almond mixture. (Once again, only coat one side.)
13. Remove the french toast from the skillet and spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
14. Place the bread in the almond mix coated side down on the skillet.
15. Cook the bread evenly until each side is golden brown. Serve warm. Enjoy!