- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1/8 c. flax seed meal
- 1 tbp. sliced almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 c. Unsweetened Almond Almond Breeze
- 1 tsp. sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tsp. sifted powdered sugar
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the flax seed meal and the almonds.
- 2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour this mixture into another shallow "dipping" bowl.
- 3. Place a slice of bread into the milk mixture.
- 4. Meanwhile, place a stove over high heat on the stove.
- 5. Turn the bread over in the milk so that both sides are coated. Let the bread absorb the milk.
- 6. Place ONE SIDE of the dipped bread into the almond mixture. (Only dip one side).
- 7. Place another slice of bread into the milk mixture.
- 8. Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 9. Place the almond-coated bread on the skillet, almond side down.
- 10. As the bread is cooking, slip the bread in the milk mixture over so each side is coated.
- 11. Flip the bread in the skillet and cook until each side is golden brown.
- 12. Move the bread from the milk mixture into the almond mixture. (Once again, only coat one side.)
- 13. Remove the french toast from the skillet and spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 14. Place the bread in the almond mix coated side down on the skillet.
- 15. Cook the bread evenly until each side is golden brown. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Italy or BustSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More