- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar reduction (or regular vinegar, I just happened to have some reduction left in the fridge)
- small handful of fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 6 oz goat cheese (log)
- 1 egg, beaten
- almonds, ground in food processor
- canola oil - just enough to cover bottom of frying pan
- Toss strawberries with vinegar and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice goat cheese into 5 rounds. Works best at room temperature, and if you clean knife in between cuts. Carefully dredge each round in flour, then dip in egg, and coat thoroughly with almonds.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat until just smoking. Add coated goat cheese rounds and fry for a few minutes on each side, turning carefully with tongs or a spatula. Remove to a paper towel to let them drain for a minute, but not too long, because they should be served warm.
- Add basil to strawberries and toss.
- Arrange spinach leaves on each plate and top with a goat cheese round and some of the strawberry mixture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
MidLife Road Trip's
Christmas CookiesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More