- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, raw
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole pine nuts (optional)
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees Celsius).
- Arrange almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, watching carefully and stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, dill weed, and black pepper until well blended.
- Form mixture into a pinecone shape, and carefully place on a serving dish.
- Beginning at the top of the "pinecone" with the points facing upward, press cooled almonds gently into cheese, each point slightly overlapping the bottom of the almond above.
- If desired, press a few pine nuts randomly between some of the almonds.
- Serve with crackers for spreading.
Notesrecipe from allrecipes.com
Decadent Desserts Made From
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More