- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 servings
- 4 ounces almond joy candy bars (4 whole regular sized candy bars or 8 miniature candy bars)
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening (I prefer butter, but original recipe called for shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9-inch square pan.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt candy bars and shortening, stirring occasionally until chocolate and shortening are melted.
- Add sugar and vanilla; blend well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour, salt and chopped almonds; mix well.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
NotesThis is a Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe from the 50s. The Almond Joys are melted and mixed into the recipe. I expected a more chocolately brownie when I discovered this recipe and was surprised to end up with a "blonde" coconut brownie with only a hint of chocolate taste. Very good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More