- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafers
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 pkgs (8 oz pkgs)cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with foil.
- Finely grind cookie crumbs, coconut, almonds and sugar in a food processor.
- Add butter; process until moist crumbs form. Press mixture into bottom and up 1-inch side of pan.
- Bake crust until set and begins to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Mix in coconut and coconut extract.
- Fold in almonds.
- Transfer filling to crust.
- Bake until cake is puffed and no longer moves when pan is shaken, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack.
- Combine chocolate chips, cream and vanilla extract in small saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Cool until glaze begins to thicken but can still be poured, about 30 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake; spread evenly.
- Chill cheesecake overnight.
NotesThis is a fabulous cheesecake. If you like the Almond Joy candy bar, you'll love this recipe. It's too good! Chilling time not included.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More