ALMOND JOY CHEESECAKE
- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafers
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 pkgs (8 oz pkgs)cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar or Splenda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F.
Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with foil.
Finely grind cookie crumbs, coconut, almonds and sugar in a food processor.
Add butter; process until moist crumbs form. Press mixture into bottom and up 1-inch side of pan.
Bake crust until set and begins to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
Mix in coconut and coconut extract.
Fold in almonds.
Transfer filling to crust.
Bake until cake is puffed and no longer moves when pan is shaken, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Cool completely on rack.
Combine chocolate chips, cream and vanilla extract in small saucepan.
Stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
Cool until glaze begins to thicken but can still be poured, about 30 minutes.
Pour glaze over cooled cake; spread evenly.
Chill cheesecake overnight.