- Cooking Time: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 ½ oz (1 cup) finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp salt
- * Ground macadamia nuts may be substituted for the ground almonds for even richer tasting cookies
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 2 large baking sheets with nonstick baking liner, parchment paper, or aluminum foil
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and continue to cook it just until the butter solids at the bottom of the pan turn deep golden brown (not black); about 5-7 minutes
- Watch the butter carefully.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat and pour the butter into a small bowl, scraping the pan to get all the butter.
- Let cool slightly about 5 minutes
- Combine the chopped nuts, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir until blended
- Slowly add the browned butter and keep stirring until well blended
- Drop the batter by a little over half teaspoonfuls 2-3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (you should be able to fit about a dozen on a cookie sheet)
- Bake until golden brown (about 6-8 minutes)
- Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to racks to cool completely
- Repeat with remaining batter
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More