- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
Heat over to 300 degrees.
Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add cumin seed, sizzle 15 to 30 seconds.
Add onion, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes.
Add almonds, coriander, salt cayenne pepper, cardamon, cloves and pepper.
Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water.
Reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in lamb and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in remaining 1/2 cup water.
Spoon into casserole.
Cover and bake 40 to 45 minutes.
Uncover and bake additional 45 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Gently stir in half-n-half.