- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- Heat over to 300 degrees.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cumin seed, sizzle 15 to 30 seconds.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add almonds, coriander, salt cayenne pepper, cardamon, cloves and pepper.
- Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in lamb and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup water.
- Spoon into casserole.
- Cover and bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake additional 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Gently stir in half-n-half.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More