- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon double-acting baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup shelled almonds, ground
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- Sift together dry ingredients. Cut butter into dry ingredients. Stir in egg yolk. Pat into buttered 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While cake bakes, beat egg white until stiff, and beat in confectioner's sugar and ground almonds. When cake is set and light golden brown, remove from oven, spread with jam and then almond meringue mixture. Brown at 450 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More