- Cooking Time: 20 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Roll out pastry into a 10-in. circle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour.; add pears and toss to coat. Place in center of pastry; spread to within 2 in. of edges. Fold edges up and slightly crimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 450 F. for 15 minutes or until pears are tender. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5minutes longer. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
- See more recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis recipe I like to call my "pie without a pan", it is simple to make and so tasty. Great time of year for pears! This dessert is great served with vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More