ALMOND PEAR TART
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
Roll out pastry into a 10-in. circle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour.; add pears and toss to coat. Place in center of pastry; spread to within 2 in. of edges. Fold edges up and slightly crimp.
Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 450 F. for 15 minutes or until pears are tender. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5minutes longer. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
See more recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com