- Cooking Time: 20 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Roll out pastry into a 10-in. circle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour.; add pears and toss to coat. Place in center of pastry; spread to within 2 in. of edges. Fold edges up and slightly crimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 450 F. for 15 minutes or until pears are tender. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5minutes longer. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
- See more recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis recipe I like to call my "pie without a pan", it is simple to make and so tasty. Great time of year for pears! This dessert is great served with vanilla ice cream.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More