- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked regular rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbs. instant chicken bouillon
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- Cook and stir rice and onion in margarine in 10" skillet until onion is
- tender. Stir in salt, allspice, turmeric, curry powder and pepper; pour into
- ungreased 2-quart casserole. Stir in instant bouillon and water. Cover and cook
- in 325F oven until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Almond-Brown Rice Pilaf: Substitute 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice for the
- regular rice. Cook 60-70 minutes.