- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked regular rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbs. instant chicken bouillon
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- Cook and stir rice and onion in margarine in 10" skillet until onion is
- tender. Stir in salt, allspice, turmeric, curry powder and pepper; pour into
- ungreased 2-quart casserole. Stir in instant bouillon and water. Cover and cook
- in 325F oven until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Almond-Brown Rice Pilaf: Substitute 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice for the
- regular rice. Cook 60-70 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Nick's PicksSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More