- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a must make recipe for get-to-gethers. Everyone loves these cookies. I think the recipe came on a Land of Lakes butter carton.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam (can substitute another flavor of jam)
- Heat oven to 350' F.
- Place almonds on a jelly-roll pan and bake until golden but not brown, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Beat the butter, sugar and almond extract in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in chopped almonds.
- Reduce speed to low, and beat in the flour and salt just until combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- With your index finger, press down the center of each ball to make a deep well.
- Bake 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully re-press fingerprint.
- Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation.
- Return to oven and bake until edges are golden, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Leave on cookie sheet for one or two minutes or cookies will fall apart.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough and jam.
- Makes about 4 dozen.