- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam (can substitute another flavor of jam)
- Heat oven to 350' F.
- Place almonds on a jelly-roll pan and bake until golden but not brown, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Beat the butter, sugar and almond extract in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in chopped almonds.
- Reduce speed to low, and beat in the flour and salt just until combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- With your index finger, press down the center of each ball to make a deep well.
- Bake 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully re-press fingerprint.
- Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation.
- Return to oven and bake until edges are golden, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Leave on cookie sheet for one or two minutes or cookies will fall apart.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough and jam.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
NotesThis is a must make recipe for get-to-gethers. Everyone loves these cookies. I think the recipe came on a Land of Lakes butter carton.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More