- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"These are so easy and delicious. They remind me of almond roca. but much, much simpler."
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper (lightly oil the pan if the paper doesn't stick).
- Place saltine crackers side by side on the parchment until it's covered. (I used one tube of crackers in a box of four tubes).
- In a sauce pan melt butter with sugar.
- Pour over the saltines evenly.
- Bake in a 350 f degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on 2 cups (12 oz.) chocolate chips.
- Return to the oven for a minute or so to get the chips to stick to the saltines.
- Refrigerate for two hours then cut or break into pieces.