- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced almonds, divided
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- scant 2 cups granulated sugar (I used 390 grams worth)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces fine quality milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Evenly spread 1 cup sliced almonds onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 6-8 minutes until they turn a light brown, stirring occasionally, so they do not burn.
- When done, cool and slightly crush the almonds. Set aside remaining almonds for use later on.
- Cover a 10X15" pan with foil and set aside.
- Place butter, water and salt in a large heavy bottomed saucepan - melt over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar and corn syrup.
- Attach a candy thermometer inside the pan and leave the heat on medium, bring to a boil without stirring.
- When the temperature reaches 240 degrees, stir in the remaining 2 cups almonds.
- Keep stirring until the temperature reaches 295 to 300 degrees.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully stir in baking soda.
- Working quickly, pour mixture into the prepared pan, gently pushing into the corners.
- This will begin to set very fast so don't mess around too much.
- After a couple minutes, sprinkle chopped chocolate over the top of the candy and let set for 5 minutes.
- Using a small off-set spatula, spread the softened chocolate evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with the crushed almonds and let cool at room temperature for about 60 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator and let sit until the chocolate has set.
- Break into chunks with a knife or your hands.
- Makes about 3 1/2 pounds.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More