- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2-3 dz
- Preparation Time: 3 hours
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter with 1/2 cup sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy. With wooden spoon, stir in flour until smooth and well combined. Divide dough into 2 parts. Refrigerate, covered for 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 3. On lightly sugared surface, roll out dough, one part at a time, about 1/2 inch thick. Using a 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Place 1 inch apart, on ungreased cookie sheet. With end of wooden spoon, or cookie press, make an indentation in center of each cookie.
- 4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until light golden brown around the edges. While still warm, roll in sugar. Cool completely on a wire rack.
NotesI can't remember where I found this recipe... its a simple shortbread, I could have found it anywhere. Its simple though, and always great when the grandparents come over.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Grilled Pepper Poppers
Easy Walnut Chocolate Rum Balls
blessing mixSee More