ALMOND SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Almond Buttercream Frosting, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour a tube pan and set aside.
In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter & sugar together & then add sour cream. Sift flour & baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add extracts & stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan & bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes & then unmold & cool completely on a wire rack. Frost cake when completely cooled.