- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 lb
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c Butter
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tb Light Corn Syrup; Karo
- 6 tb Water
- 1 c Almonds; Blanched, Slivered
- 6 oz Chocolate Chips; Semi-sweet
- 2 tb Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 c Almonds; Toasted, Sliced
- Melt the butter in a heavy 10-inch skillet. Add the sugar, corn syrup, water
- and 1 cup of almonds. Cook over medium heat,
- stirring constantly, until the mixture boils. Continue to coo, stirring
- occasionally, until the mixture reaches the soft crack stage,
- (290 degrees F on a candy thermometer). Pour the mixture into a greased 17 X14-inch baking sheet, (jelly roll pan). Melt the
- chocolate chips with the shortening, over hot water, stirring until smooth.
- Spread on the toffee, which has been scored with a
- sharp knife in to bars. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of toasted almonds. When the
- chocolate has set, break apart at the scores and
- store in a cool place in tins.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More