- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated piecrust, unbaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 green onions, white part and green tops, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, reserve liquid
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream or milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line piecrust with foil; fill with pie weights. Bake 10 minutes; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat butter; add onions and bell pepper. Cook until almost tender. Add reserved pineapple liquid; cook until liquid is absorbed. Add pineapple and ham. Turn mixture into piecrust; sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese.
- Blend eggs, cream or milk, mustard and half of the basil; beat lightly. Pour over mixture in piecrust; sprinkle with remaining cheese and basil. Bake 30 minutes, until set and golden.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Beef and Peppers in Black Bean Sauce
Toasted ReubensSee More