- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated piecrust, unbaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 green onions, white part and green tops, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, reserve liquid
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream or milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line piecrust with foil; fill with pie weights. Bake 10 minutes; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat butter; add onions and bell pepper. Cook until almost tender. Add reserved pineapple liquid; cook until liquid is absorbed. Add pineapple and ham. Turn mixture into piecrust; sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese.
- Blend eggs, cream or milk, mustard and half of the basil; beat lightly. Pour over mixture in piecrust; sprinkle with remaining cheese and basil. Bake 30 minutes, until set and golden.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Cooking for a Cure
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More