- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1+ cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger (or 2 tbsp powder)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 cups frozen plain hashbrowns (southern style)
- 12+ oz. frozen peas
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- (water as needed)
- 2 Tbsp garam masala (or make your own mixture)
- 2 tsp paprika (I recommend Hungarian blend)
- 1 tsp white sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (or more dried)
1. Heat oil in deep skillet over med. heat. Stir in onions, ginger, garlic, and bay leaves. Cook the onions until tneder.
2. Mix in the hashbrowns and garam masala, paprika, sugar and salt and cook until tender. Remove bay leaves.
3. Stir in tomato sauce and cook about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in peas and cilantro and cook until peas are ready.
Serve over rice or with naan.