- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1+ cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger (or 2 tbsp powder)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 cups frozen plain hashbrowns (southern style)
- 12+ oz. frozen peas
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- (water as needed)
- 2 Tbsp garam masala (or make your own mixture)
- 2 tsp paprika (I recommend Hungarian blend)
- 1 tsp white sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (or more dried)
- 1. Heat oil in deep skillet over med. heat. Stir in onions, ginger, garlic, and bay leaves. Cook the onions until tneder.
- 2. Mix in the hashbrowns and garam masala, paprika, sugar and salt and cook until tender. Remove bay leaves.
- 3. Stir in tomato sauce and cook about 10 minutes.
- 4. Stir in peas and cilantro and cook until peas are ready.
- Serve over rice or with naan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More