- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 3 cus
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lb. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb. Guyere cheese, shredded
- 3 T. Flour
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 T. lemon juice (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 T. Kirsch or Cognac
- salt to taste
- French or Italian crusty bread
- Rub the inside of a ceramic fondue pot with garlic
- Toss chesses with flour
- Pour wine into pot, set over low flame.
- When small bubbles form add lemon juice, and a handful of cheese.
- Stir in salt, pepper, nutmeg and Kirsch or Cognac. Stir
- Add more cheese in handfuls and keep stirring.
- Place pot over a small tea light or sterno.
- Make sure it does not get too hot.
- Serve small cut up pieces of bread for dipping.
NotesThis came from an old Fondue cookbook and is easy to make.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More