ALPINE CHEESE FONDUE
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 3 cus
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lb. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb. Guyere cheese, shredded
- 3 T. Flour
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 T. lemon juice (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 T. Kirsch or Cognac
- salt to taste
- French or Italian crusty bread
Rub the inside of a ceramic fondue pot with garlic
Toss chesses with flour
Pour wine into pot, set over low flame.
When small bubbles form add lemon juice, and a handful of cheese.
Stir in salt, pepper, nutmeg and Kirsch or Cognac. Stir
Add more cheese in handfuls and keep stirring.
Place pot over a small tea light or sterno.
Make sure it does not get too hot.
Serve small cut up pieces of bread for dipping.