- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 60
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 120 g butter, very soft
- 120 g poppy seeds, grounded
- 3 tbs biscuit crumbs (or bread crumbs)
- -Cheese layer
- 450 g Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1 teas vanilla essence
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbs flour
- -Cherry topping
- 1 cup sour cherries (caned)
- 1 cup cherry juice (from can)
- 1,5 tbs corn flour (or other starch)
- Preheat oven to 170*C. Prepare a cake tin (22 cm).
- Beat eggs with sugar until pale and fluffy. Add butter, mix well then fold in crumbs and poppy seeds. Bake 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat all ingredients for cheese layer with a mixer. Pour over poppy seed base and bake for another 40 minutes. Take it out and let cool.(While stil warm, push edges down to level the surface.)
- Mix some cherry 'juice' with corn flour, add the rest of juice and boil until thick (Microwave is OK). Add cherries, mix well and top the cake.
- Let it cool/rest for 1 hour before slicing.
NotesI got this recipe from an old Austrian lady, whos mother was Swis.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Nick's PicksSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More