- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 60
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 120 g butter, very soft
- 120 g poppy seeds, grounded
- 3 tbs biscuit crumbs (or bread crumbs)
- -Cheese layer
- 450 g Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1 teas vanilla essence
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbs flour
- -Cherry topping
- 1 cup sour cherries (caned)
- 1 cup cherry juice (from can)
- 1,5 tbs corn flour (or other starch)
- Preheat oven to 170*C. Prepare a cake tin (22 cm).
- Beat eggs with sugar until pale and fluffy. Add butter, mix well then fold in crumbs and poppy seeds. Bake 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat all ingredients for cheese layer with a mixer. Pour over poppy seed base and bake for another 40 minutes. Take it out and let cool.(While stil warm, push edges down to level the surface.)
- Mix some cherry 'juice' with corn flour, add the rest of juice and boil until thick (Microwave is OK). Add cherries, mix well and top the cake.
- Let it cool/rest for 1 hour before slicing.
NotesI got this recipe from an old Austrian lady, whos mother was Swis.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More