- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2/3 cup silvered almonds, toasted
- 8 oz. semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulater sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In food processor, place 1/3 cup of the almonds. Cover and process, using quick on-and-off motions, until almonds are ground. Chop remaining almonds; set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and 1/3 cup butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth; remove from heat.
- To toast almonds: Place in shallow pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Stir in ground almonds, flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, 2 tablespoons amaretto and the eggs. In pan, spread batter evenly.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
NotesSubstitutions: Use 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice mixed with 1 tablespoon water for the 2 tablespoons amaretto in the brownies.
Use 1/8 teaspoon almond extract and 1 1/2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons water for the 1 tablespoon amaretto in the frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Naked Macaron
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More