- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2/3 cup silvered almonds, toasted
- 8 oz. semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulater sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In food processor, place 1/3 cup of the almonds. Cover and process, using quick on-and-off motions, until almonds are ground. Chop remaining almonds; set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and 1/3 cup butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth; remove from heat.
- To toast almonds: Place in shallow pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Stir in ground almonds, flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, 2 tablespoons amaretto and the eggs. In pan, spread batter evenly.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
NotesSubstitutions: Use 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice mixed with 1 tablespoon water for the 2 tablespoons amaretto in the brownies.
Use 1/8 teaspoon almond extract and 1 1/2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons water for the 1 tablespoon amaretto in the frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More