* 4 slices bacon, diced
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
* 1 pound linguine pasta, uncooked
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook diced bacon in a large saucepan over medium high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings from the pan.
2. Add onions, and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds. Add canned tomatoes, undrained; simmer 10 minutes, breaking up tomatoes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of 4 quarts boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
4. Stir basil into the sauce, and then toss with cooked pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.