- Cooking Time: 20-35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- * 4 slices bacon, diced
- * 1/2 cup chopped onion
- * 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- * 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- * 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- * 1 pound linguine pasta, uncooked
- * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- * 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook diced bacon in a large saucepan over medium high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings from the pan.
2. Add onions, and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds. Add canned tomatoes, undrained; simmer 10 minutes, breaking up tomatoes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of 4 quarts boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
4. Stir basil into the sauce, and then toss with cooked pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Website Credit: http://allrecipes.com