- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Package wontons (found in the produce section), cut on the diagonal to form triangles
- 1 package ground pork, cook in a saute pan until browned
- 1 6-ounce package grilled chicken pieces (sometimes found in the salad section)
- 1 jar Pepperochini peppers (I got mild)
- Shaved Parmesan for garnish
- For the Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, or other good-quality Parmesan
- In a heavy, medium saucepan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the garlic and then the flour and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the half-and-half little by little.
- Cook until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; add 2 cups of the grated Parmesan.
- Season with the salt, pepper and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. C
- over and set aside.
- Heat a heavy saucepan or deep fryer to medium. Cook the wontons until light brown.
- This only takes a few seconds per side.
- Set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Pile the wontons on a large serving platter. Drizzle with warm cheese sauce.
- Add sausage, chicken and peppers.
- Top with shaved Parmesan. EAT IT!
NotesThis is an indulgence meal. The chips are made fresh, the cheese sauce is rich...but boy, it sure hits the spot.
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More