- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large corn tortilla (such as Mission Super Size)
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like Boca Ground Burger or Morningsta r Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles)
- 2 tbsp. canned black beans
- 2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno slices (for a spicy taco) or mild banana pepper slices
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- dash salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place corn tortilla on a baking pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Lightly mist the top of the tortilla with nonstick spray, and then cook in the oven for approximately 8 minutes (until crispy).
- Place squash cubes in a microwave-safe dish with 1 tbsp. of water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, drain excess water, and then add salt & all spices except for the taco seasoning. Mash well and set aside.
- Place frozen crumbles in a microwave-safe dish and h eat for 25 seconds. Stir in taco seasoning, and heat for an additional 25 seconds.
- Set crispy tortilla on a plate, and layer ingredients on top in this order: mashed squash, lettuce, black beans, soy crumbles, and then cheese. Heat entire dish in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Top with salsa, sour cream and pepper slices. Now stuff your face!
- MAKES 1 SERVING
- HG Heads Up! Sodium-counters can save around 350mg of sodium in this recipe by simply skipping the dash of salt and using diced fresh tomatoes & onions in place of salsa
NotesThis "open-faced taco" is like a perfect, gigantic, guilt-free tostada.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More