- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 3-4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1/2 small cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large can chicken broth
- 1-2 tsp oregano
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Saute garlic and onion in a soup pot using olive oil.
- Add in carrots, zucchini, and cauliflower - let saute stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, rice, and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil then, lower the heat.
- Add in seasonings and let simmer for 35 minutes or until rice is soft.
NotesThis is fast, delicious, nutritious and very flexible. You can add in vegetables you like and take out those you don't, but be sure to try them IN this recipe first!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More