- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 10 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- FILLING/ TOPPING:
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla ext.
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Angel Flake Coconut
- -1 Cup Nuts of Choice, Chopped
- For Crust: Cream Brown Sugar and butter together. Add flour and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add All Chips.
- Press into bottom of lightly greased 9x9 inch pan.
- For Topping: In separate bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Mix well. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350` for 30 minutes.
- Cool on Rack for at least 15 minutes. (Bars will still be ooey gooey. The longer you allow them to sit, the more they will set)
- Serve warm right after baking in bowls with vanilla ice cream or wait until set and cut into bars.
- They are delicious either way!
NotesThese bars are soooo delicious...I get requests for them ALL the time! They have a little bit of everything in them!! This recipe got its name because my husband can never way until they set to eat one, so they are still "ooey gooey" but oh-so yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Special SmoothiesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More