- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups almond shortbread cookies crushed (about 12 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 pkgs. cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups orange curd (recipe follows)
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Mix crust ingredients together and press into a 10-in. springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes at 350ºF. Cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together till fluffy, add the eggs 1 at a time. Stir in the coconut and vanilla. Pour into the cooled crust. Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour. Chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Spread the top with the orange curd and sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- Fresh Orange Curd:
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch, whisk in the orange juice, then lightly beaten eggs. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and orange zest. Chill well before spreading onto the cheesecake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More