- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryPut the description of the mix below on each bag of mix.
AMERICAN BLESSINGS MIX:
Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our Nation's abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by the founders of our country.
Candy Corn: Sacrifices of the Pilgrim's first winter. Food was so scarce that the settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn per day.
Nut or Seeds: Promise of a future harvest, one will reap only if seeds are planted and tended to with deligence.
Dried Fruits: Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.
M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
- 2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins
- 1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup M&Ms brand chocolate candy
- 16 Hershey's brand chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients except Hershey's Kisses. Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup Blessing Mix in small cellophane treat bags. Add one Hershey's Kiss to each bag. Close bag with chenille stem or twist-tie.