- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 kg red lentils
- 2 lrg onions
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbl tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp paprika, sweet or hot
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup water
- Sort the lentils and soak in tap water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse in running water and drain.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- peel and mash the garlic.
- Heat the oil in large pan and saute the onion until golden.
- Add tomato paste and paprika and mix.
- Add half the water and the garlic,ginger pepper and salt.
- Stir well and then add the rest of the water, stir again ,cover and bring to boil.
- When the water boil, add the lentils ,lower the flame and cook 20-30 minutes, until the lentils soften.
- Serve hot.
If you get any metric recipes, you can use onlineconversions.com to convert the ingredients :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More