- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 kg red lentils
- 2 lrg onions
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbl tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp paprika, sweet or hot
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup water
- Sort the lentils and soak in tap water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse in running water and drain.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- peel and mash the garlic.
- Heat the oil in large pan and saute the onion until golden.
- Add tomato paste and paprika and mix.
- Add half the water and the garlic,ginger pepper and salt.
- Stir well and then add the rest of the water, stir again ,cover and bring to boil.
- When the water boil, add the lentils ,lower the flame and cook 20-30 minutes, until the lentils soften.
- Serve hot.
If you get any metric recipes, you can use onlineconversions.com to convert the ingredients :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More