- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 15 servings
- Preparation Time: about 20 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups raw carrots, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat eggs well; add the next seven ingredients and beat well until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut, nuts, pineapple, and carrots with a mixing spoon; pour into a greased 9 X 13-inch pan and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- When cake is still slightly warm, frost with cream cheese frosting (homemade or store-bought; I used store-bought to save time).
NotesI got this recipe for Amish Carrot Cake from the book 'Delicious Amish Recipes', by Phyllis Pellman Good. I call 'Amish Carrot Cake II' because it is a somewhat different recipe from the one I posted last time. I make it in honor of my Dad Russell F., on what would have been his 63rd Birthday today. He loved Carrot Cake!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More