- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 logs
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love sausage but not all the fat and other things that are usually in it. Perfect solution, make my own. I started making this a couple of years ago and everyone loves it.
- 2 pounds lean ground pork, or ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a deep bowl, combine all ingredients, using hands.
- On waxed paper, shape and roll into two logs, 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate over night.
- Slice rolls into rounds about 1/2 inch thick and fry in heavy skillet over medium heat, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. Makes 24 slices.