- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 lbs. beef chuck roast, well trimmed
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 10 cloves
- 2 large carrots, cut in thirds
- 2 celery ribs, cut in thirds
- 1 cup fresh parsley springs
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 beef bouillion cubes
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 quarts hot water
- 1/2 lb. noodles
- Preheat oven to 325. Place meat in a large oven-safe dutch oven or roasting pan. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the noodles. Cover and bake for about 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven, uncover and let cool for a while. Remove meat and set aside. With a slotted spoon, scoop all the vegetables (save for 2 pieces of carrot) from the broth and discard. Shred remaining carrot pieces and return to the broth. Cut meat into bite-size cubes and return to the broth. Discard bones and fat. Add dry noodles and mix well. Cover the pan and return it to the oven. Cook for 1 hour. You may want to check during cooking to make sure there is enough liquid in the dish - if not add water
NotesMarcia Adams' Cooking From Quilt County Amish Beef & Noodles
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Naked MacaronSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More