- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE STARTER
- STIR WITH PLASTIC or WOODEN SPOON
- KEEP IN LARGE PLASTIC or GLASS BOWL COVERED WITH A TOWEL
- Day 1.....Receive Starter
- Day 2.....Stir Starter
- Day 3.....Stir Starter
- Day 4.....Stir Starter
- Day 5.....Stir, Add 1 cup EACH: Flour, Sugar, Milk
- Day 6.....Stir Starter
- Day 7.....Stir Starter
- Day 8.....Stir Starter
- Day 9.....Stir Starter
- Day 10...Stir, Add 1 cup EACH: Flour, Sugar, Milk >>>>>STIR WELL
- Place 1 cup of Starter in 3 pastic bowls...give 2 to friends and keep one for your next batch.....there will be Starter left in the bowl and that's what you use for the Bread.
- NOTE: After you get the Bread made...transfer your Starter you're keeping back into the bowl you made the bread in! It'll need room to rise!
NotesI never received a recipe for the "STARTER", but below is one that a friend of mine gave me that she uses.
Hope you have lots of family and Friends to share the Starter with, because it's a sin to throw it out.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More