- Cooking Time: 1 hour1
- Preparation Time: about 35 minutes
- 12 large potatoes, peeled* and cooked
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. salt**
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash potatoes; add cream cheese, sour cream, salt, garlic salt, and margarine and blend well.
- Spoon into a 15 X 11-inch baking pan and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven (potatoes can be frozen until ready to use).
NotesThis wonderful recipe comes from 'Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook', and was submitted by Martha Yoder of Crofton, KY. It goes great with Salisbury Steak, or just about anything for that matter! The recipe called for the potatoes to be peeled, but I left the skins on, because my family and I like our mashed potatoes that way. I used only 1 tsp. of salt.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More