- Cooking Time: 1 hour1
- Preparation Time: about 35 minutes
- 12 large potatoes, peeled* and cooked
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. salt**
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash potatoes; add cream cheese, sour cream, salt, garlic salt, and margarine and blend well.
- Spoon into a 15 X 11-inch baking pan and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven (potatoes can be frozen until ready to use).
NotesThis wonderful recipe comes from 'Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook', and was submitted by Martha Yoder of Crofton, KY. It goes great with Salisbury Steak, or just about anything for that matter! The recipe called for the potatoes to be peeled, but I left the skins on, because my family and I like our mashed potatoes that way. I used only 1 tsp. of salt.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More