- Cooking Time: 1 hour1
- Preparation Time: about 35 minutes
- 12 large potatoes, peeled* and cooked
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. salt**
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash potatoes; add cream cheese, sour cream, salt, garlic salt, and margarine and blend well.
- Spoon into a 15 X 11-inch baking pan and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven (potatoes can be frozen until ready to use).
NotesThis wonderful recipe comes from 'Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook', and was submitted by Martha Yoder of Crofton, KY. It goes great with Salisbury Steak, or just about anything for that matter! The recipe called for the potatoes to be peeled, but I left the skins on, because my family and I like our mashed potatoes that way. I used only 1 tsp. of salt.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Koken met Oma
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More