- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 logs
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds lean ground pork, or ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a deep bowl, combine all ingredients, using hands.
- On waxed paper, shape and roll into two logs, 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate over night.
- Slice rolls into rounds about 1/2 inch thick and fry in heavy skillet over medium heat, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. Makes 24 slices.
NotesI love sausage but not all the fat and other things that are usually in it. Perfect solution, make my own. I started making this a couple of years ago and everyone loves it.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Simple Recipes that Work
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More