- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups bread flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water; add yeast.
- Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
- Work in 5 to 6 cups flour.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured level surface until smooth.
- Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat the entire surface.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Makes 2 loaves
NotesThis recipe is from the Amish recipe site www.amishrecipes.net
I've been making this bread recipe for about 5 years now...and I looove it, my family looves it (even though it is white bread) with sandwiches, soups, toast or whatever. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do in our home
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More