- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 25
- Preparation Time: 30
- 6 pounds grapes (red, green or both)
- 8 oz light cream cheese (1/3 less fat, not fat free)
- 8 oz Cool Whip Lite (light not fat free)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp brown sugar to mix with the cream cheese mixture
- 1/3 cup brown sugar to sprinkle on the top
- 2 oz slivered almonds, toasted
- Wash & dry grapes. I let them dry overnight.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Using a mixer, put cream cheese, cool whip, vanilla and part of the brown sugar in a large bowl and blend for about 2 minutes or until all the lumps of cream cheese have blended. Mix the grapes with the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or overnight but no more because it might get watery. Toast the almonds for about 2 minutes in a frying pan over medium heat. Just before serving, top with the rest of the brown sugar and the almonds.
- If it does get watery, you can mix in some additional cool whip to freshen it up.
- Instead of almonds, you can use chopped pecans or walnuts.
- This sauce is so good it would be great with other fruit combinations.
NotesHad something similar at a baby shower and decided to make my own recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More