- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 25
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryHad something similar at a baby shower and decided to make my own recipe
- 6 pounds grapes (red, green or both)
- 8 oz light cream cheese (1/3 less fat, not fat free)
- 8 oz Cool Whip Lite (light not fat free)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp brown sugar to mix with the cream cheese mixture
- 1/3 cup brown sugar to sprinkle on the top
- 2 oz slivered almonds, toasted
- Wash & dry grapes. I let them dry overnight.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Using a mixer, put cream cheese, cool whip, vanilla and part of the brown sugar in a large bowl and blend for about 2 minutes or until all the lumps of cream cheese have blended. Mix the grapes with the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or overnight but no more because it might get watery. Toast the almonds for about 2 minutes in a frying pan over medium heat. Just before serving, top with the rest of the brown sugar and the almonds.
- If it does get watery, you can mix in some additional cool whip to freshen it up.
- Instead of almonds, you can use chopped pecans or walnuts.
- This sauce is so good it would be great with other fruit combinations.