- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons cider
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Mix all ingredients for filling together and set aside.
- For batter cream butter, sugar and salt for 5 minutes.
- Add water, oil, vanilla, and eggs; beat 1 minute.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Pour ½ the batter in greased pan (9x13 or Bundt pan).
- Spoon apple filling over batter.
- Pour remaining batter over the apple filling.
- Bake at 325˚ for 1- 1 ½ hours.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pan
- Let cool COMPLETELY before pouring on the glaze.
- Let sit another 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More