- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into half inch thick medallions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Riesling or if preferred, white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup California Natural Raisins
- In a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, combine cherry preserves, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, ancho chile powder, sugar, cinnamon, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Slice pork tenderloin cross-wise into 1 inch thick slices.
- Place slices in a heavy-duty zip top bag and pound to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large non-stick skillet.
- Add almonds and cook almonds for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove almonds with a slotted spoon, leaving behind remaining oil.
- Add pork medallions to skillet and cook for 2 minutes over medium heart.
- Add 1/4 cup of the Riesling, and continue cooking pork for another 6 minutes, turning halfway, until pork is just cooked through.
- Shake jar with cherry mixture and add to skillet.
- Add raisins and stir over medium heat until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of Riesling.
- Glaze pork medallions with sauce and place on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and remaining cilantro.
NotesThis recipe sounds fancy, but it's really very simple and the ingredients are pantry staples. It won $10,000 in a California Raisin Competition, so I guess a few other people liked it too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Foodie BabySee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More