- Cooking Time: 85
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 c. butter
- 3 c. sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 3/4 c 7 up
- 2 containers of chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Add flour.
- Beat in lemon extract and 7 up.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours and then cover with frosting.
NotesMy mother-in-law, Carol Deibel, created this recipe because she needed to have a cake to take to a funeral and had a cake recipe for a Coca-Cola cake and she didn't have any Coke in the house, but did have 7-up. She she modified the cake recipe, made it and everyone like it more than her intended cake!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More