- Cooking Time: 85
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 c. butter
- 3 c. sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 3/4 c 7 up
- 2 containers of chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Add flour.
- Beat in lemon extract and 7 up.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours and then cover with frosting.
NotesMy mother-in-law, Carol Deibel, created this recipe because she needed to have a cake to take to a funeral and had a cake recipe for a Coca-Cola cake and she didn't have any Coke in the house, but did have 7-up. She she modified the cake recipe, made it and everyone like it more than her intended cake!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Breads and Pastry 101
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More