- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 packages of frozen broccoli – 10 ounces each
- 1 small onion
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- ¼ t salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions add 1 cup of chopped onion , drain.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in microwave (30 seconds).
- Add 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- Blend together and add 1 cup of milk and cream cheese.
- Cook on high in microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Pour over cooked broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then bread crumbs.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with paprika for color
NotesThis recipe comes from my mother-in-law Carol Deibel and she is a fabulous cook! We think everyone should be able to follow her simple, yet delicious broccoli casserole recipe and make it perfect every time!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More