- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis recipe comes from my mother-in-law Carol Deibel and she is a fabulous cook! We think everyone should be able to follow her simple, yet delicious broccoli casserole recipe and make it perfect every time!
- 2 packages of frozen broccoli – 10 ounces each
- 1 small onion
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- ¼ t salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions add 1 cup of chopped onion , drain.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in microwave (30 seconds).
- Add 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- Blend together and add 1 cup of milk and cream cheese.
- Cook on high in microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Pour over cooked broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then bread crumbs.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with paprika for color