- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Brine mixture
- 1 gal hot water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 qts chicken broth
- 1 cup honey
- 1 bag ice – 5lb bag
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees then turn down to 350 degrees.
- Put hot water into a bowl or directly into a cooler. Add salt and stir until it is dissolved.
- Stir in chicken broth and honey
- Add ice and stir.
- Add turkey to bowl or cooler.
- Turn turkey occasionally and brine for about 24 hours before cooking.
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes per pound making sure to baste frequently.
NotesThis is the recipe my mother-in-law, Carol Deibel, uses at each Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Fun appetizers and snacks
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More