- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Brine mixture
- 1 gal hot water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 qts chicken broth
- 1 cup honey
- 1 bag ice – 5lb bag
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees then turn down to 350 degrees.
- Put hot water into a bowl or directly into a cooler. Add salt and stir until it is dissolved.
- Stir in chicken broth and honey
- Add ice and stir.
- Add turkey to bowl or cooler.
- Turn turkey occasionally and brine for about 24 hours before cooking.
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes per pound making sure to baste frequently.
NotesThis is the recipe my mother-in-law, Carol Deibel, uses at each Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More