- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 & 1/2 pound green beans, (prefer fresh but can use frozen)
- 1 cup sliced baby button mushrooms
- 1 can Frenchs onions
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or safflower oil
- 1 fresh clove garlic
- 1 tablepoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red wine or cookie sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Clean and trim green beans if using fresh
- Boil water and put green beans into pot and boil about 4 to 5 minutes - just want them to be tender.
- Remove from pot and drain, set aside.
- Heat oil separate large skillet (we use cast iron)
- Add mushrooms and garlic clove to heated oil, cook about 5 minutes
- Add salt and thyme and cooking, stirring frequently, for 1 minute
- Add wine and chicken broth to mixture in skillet and bring to slight boil
- Simmer about 3 to 4 minutes
- Reduce heat, add green beans to skillet mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Place freshly coated green beans into large casserole dish.
- Top with entire can (can you tell we like them?) of Frenchs Onions and serve!
NotesAnother Deibel family favorite! We love green bean casserole for all holiday dinners, but think it's just super great at Thanksgiving time!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More