- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 to 2 & 1/2 cups shredded rockfish
- Part 1 - preparing the rockfish -
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove skin and all dark meat - place into foil wrapper.
- Squeeze lemon juice from lemon over fish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a dozen chives into fish.
- Seal up the foil around the fish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Part 2 -
- In large pot melt butter.
- Saute garlic, carrots and onions until soft.
- Add flour to above mixture and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and stir in broth and cream.
- Add sherry, Worcester sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add rockfish - shredding before putting into soup mix.
- Serve warm.
NotesSuper duper delicious rockfish soup recipe that the hubby almost didn't want to share, afraid there might be a run on the ingredients! It's my mother-in-laws version of the Roberta "Bobber" Nowell's original recipe.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
AMFC Clamily Cook BookSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More