- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 to 2 & 1/2 cups shredded rockfish
- Part 1 - preparing the rockfish -
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove skin and all dark meat - place into foil wrapper.
- Squeeze lemon juice from lemon over fish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a dozen chives into fish.
- Seal up the foil around the fish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Part 2 -
- In large pot melt butter.
- Saute garlic, carrots and onions until soft.
- Add flour to above mixture and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and stir in broth and cream.
- Add sherry, Worcester sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add rockfish - shredding before putting into soup mix.
- Serve warm.
NotesSuper duper delicious rockfish soup recipe that the hubby almost didn't want to share, afraid there might be a run on the ingredients! It's my mother-in-laws version of the Roberta "Bobber" Nowell's original recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cooking for a CureSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More