- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 to 2 & 1/2 cups shredded rockfish
- Part 1 - preparing the rockfish -
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove skin and all dark meat - place into foil wrapper.
- Squeeze lemon juice from lemon over fish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a dozen chives into fish.
- Seal up the foil around the fish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Part 2 -
- In large pot melt butter.
- Saute garlic, carrots and onions until soft.
- Add flour to above mixture and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and stir in broth and cream.
- Add sherry, Worcester sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add rockfish - shredding before putting into soup mix.
- Serve warm.
NotesSuper duper delicious rockfish soup recipe that the hubby almost didn't want to share, afraid there might be a run on the ingredients! It's my mother-in-laws version of the Roberta "Bobber" Nowell's original recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More